Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My Les Paul in Action

WOW! I would have never thought that I would be playing this guitar much less own it! I have been playing guitar since a teenager and have always played modest guitars in low price ranges. I have always owned Fender somethings and love playing them. Growing up listening to and watching bands like the Allman Brothers Band, I fostered a love for a Gibson Les Paul.
I currently own a Fender Fat Strat that I absolutely love playing. I also have a Fender Tele that was my first guitar back in the 80's when I got serious and started bands and playing gigs. It did me well for a start up! I also still own my acoustic guitar i purchased in high school and it is still playing great!
It's a funny story but in the last few years and old friend from high school and I connected up via Facebook. Little did I know that he and his brother bought and sold guitars and amps. Several times in posting on FB he would randomly show me pics of guitars he wanted to sell me. My wife caught wind of it and asked if i was going to buy one. NO way honey! They are too much money. Time went on and then right before my last gig in Mansfield, he approached me, I mean tempted me, with a few Les Paul models he had to sell. I ended up borrowing one for the gig that weekend to try out and, well, never gave it back. SOLD!
I absolutely love this guitar and NEEDED this guitar! It's a Gibson Les Paul Classic 05 model gold top. It is in mint condition and plays great! I think that made my night for the performance then knowing I was playing the best there is in my opinion. I asked my wife that if I danced on stage during a song ( I do not dance) would she let me buy this guitar! Of course she said yes; and yes I did a dance.
Check it out in the picture. That is me at Farr Best Theater with my Les Paul in action!

Comments? Discussion?

No comments: