Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pedaling Forward

I started out using pedals for all my effects many years ago and then tried an all-in-one effects pedal from Digitech. For awhile now I have loved the all-in-one because it was so versatile but have since come to realize I rarely use but a few settings. You can customize each setting and save it but then who has the time to sit there and mess with each setting? So, with the purchase of my new Fender Blues Junior amp I decided to go back to separate pedals.

During band rehearsal today I used only two pedals and loved the sounds I got. Well, the new amp made a huge difference too. I have to say the Blues Junior came through for me with flying colors! WOW! I love the tone and the different sounds you can get just from the amp alone. Plus it brings out the different settings I have on each guitar as well. Ok! So I used a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal and loved the sound it gave me. It did the job for songs like Born to be Wild and Cinnamon Girl. I also used a Boss CH-1 Chorus pedal and it did just the trick on songs like Something by the Beatles. It gave me that warm and deep tone needed for that song!

So it looks like I will be adding to my pedal collection for a while and get that to where I need it. My next purchase will be an in-line chromatic tuner. I tried using a great app on my Ipad but it was hard to tune between songs with the room so noisy. An in-line will be much quicker and easier. After that probably a cry baby pedal. Once I do all those I will surely need a pedal box that holds all these and gives me direct power. I found out today that batteries do not last!

What pedals are you using? Any good recommendations for me?

No comments: